What is an appraiser?An appraiser identifies and provides a value for a piece of property. The report created by a certified real estate appraiser is called an appraisal, and is used to provide real estate valuation in a variety of situations.
Why would I have an appraisal done?
Why choose a professional appraiser?
What type of appraisal do I need?
Where can I find a professional appraiser in Georgia?
What are some questions to ask potential appraisers?
- Ask the appraiser about his or her appraisal education, professional designations and how they qualified for those designations.
- Ask for references/recommendations from current and former clients.
- Ask how the appraiser’s experience and/or expertise relates to the particular appraisal you need performed.
- Ask if they belong to a professional appraisal society, and if that society teaches, tests and accredits.
- Ask what continuing education the appraiser has undertaken to keep up-to-date in the field.
- If they belong to a professional society, ask if that society has a mandatory re-accreditation program to ensure their education and knowledge are current.
- Ask if the appraisal report you will receive is USPAP compliant (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice).
- Make sure all your fee-related questions are answered before you sign an agreement.
- Make sure the appraiser explains exactly what your appraisal report will include.
[callout type=”left, center, right” title=”Contact Us Today!” message=”We’ll provide you an expert appraisal package with rock solid numbers.” button_text=”Get A Quote” href=”http://sandysprings.cobbcountyhomeappraiser.com/request-appraisal-quote/” target=”blank”]